If you have a LG G3s it is possible to install one of the most commonly used third-party ROMs worldwide: CyanogenMod. This development allows you to use Google’s operating system without hardly changes and also make the most possibilities of good hardware which includes the phone of which we speak. You indicate how to proceed the installation safely.
The version of the ROM that is installed is CyanogenMod 13, so its interior includes as a basis Android Marshmallow , for in this way take advantage of options as positive as Doze, custom permissions, and how management or, better management of memory RAM (this is essential in the LG G3s because their UI by default, which is very “Cocksucker”). The case is that you can give a good qualitative jump and, in addition, explore all the options offered by this firmware so recognized in the “scene” Android.
There are a couple of details that must be considered before anything. The first is that all applications from Google, such as Maps or Play Store, are included so you miss nothing missing. The second thing that is important: LG G3s must have root access, something that you can get by following the steps in this article of Android support.
The steps to follow
Before proceeding, it is important to make a backup of the data taken into LG G3s for, if you have a problem, they are always safe. In addition, the battery must be above 90%, to not have any surprise. Also must be installed in the terminal a “Recovery”, either TWRP or CWM.
WP-Appbox: TWRP Manager (Requires ROOT) (Free*, Google Play) →
WP-Appbox: ROM Manager (Free*, Google Play) →
Now you must indicate which, being sole responsibility of the user proceeding (by the way, the process is also compatible with the LG G2 Mini and LG Optimus L70: )
- Download the version of CyanogenMod 13 Nightlies for LG G3s, LG G2 Mini and LG Optimus L70
- Get the Google applications you need to install now (Gapps) on this link, they are compatible with Android Marshmallow
- Now copy both the ROM and the applications to your phone LG G3s (either of the other two) and enter in Recovery mode
- In the interface that appears now seeks the option install (Install) and select the ZIP file with CyanogenMod 13. To confirm and begin the process
- Restart the terminal and do exactly the same with the ZIP file with Google applications
- Done this just to enjoy the new firmware on your LG G3s
The time that it takes to make this is not greater than a few minutes , for what is worth to give it a try. Other tutorials for devices with Google’s operating system, you can find them in this section of Android support.
The article how install CyanogenMod 13 on the G3s LG and LG G2 Mini was published in AndroidAyuda.